Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream Review

Hi all...
I'm gonna review Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream. I never know that actually I'm in love with this BB cream untill I realize that I have been used this almost everyday for more than 3 months.




I started using this BB cream when I was in my acne breakout period last year untill now. It didn't break me out. It makes my skin look flawless during the horrible breakout while still give it a chance to heal. A little goes a long way since now there's still more than a half of BB cream in the jar.

 
 


There's a spatula attached on the lid to pick the product inside the jar. Very hygienic and no need for extra spatula. It also comes with a latex sponge but I throw it away because I find it useless. 



I used to apply this with my Real Technique Expert Face Brush to get medium to full coverage at the beginning of my acne breakout period, but lately I frequently use my Real Technique Stippling Brush which gives lighter application because my skin getting better and there are less imperfection on my skin. Lately I used Coastal Scent's Powder Buffer Brush from Coastal Scents 22 Piece Brush Set and I really like it because the fluffy brush helps to create a smooth and flawless airbrushed appearence.

PS: Will do a review about Coastal Scent's Powder Buffer Brush from Coastal Scents 22 Piece Brush Set

The swatch on my inner arms. You can barely see the swatch because it really match with my skintone.



Comparison swatch with other BB cream/concealer. See how it really match my skin...


A little product needed for entire my face. Usually a single layer enough to evens out my skin discoloration and cover pores, then add another layer(s) as needed on problematic area. This BB cream makes my blemishes, redness and dark spot much less visible - though I still need concealer to completely cover them all. After applied, I set it with loose powder to get matte finish.


FOTD from here


Pros:
  • The shade I pick - #01 Aqua Beige - match my skintone very well
  • It doesn't grayish and leaves no white cast  
  • The jelly-like gel has unique texture that gives a very lightweight "barely-there" layer, just like my second skin 
  • A little goes a long way...
  • Easy to spread and blendable
  • Pleasant scent 
  • Gives cooling sensation when touches skin 
  • Medium to full coverage, buildable without cakey
  • Doesn't fill or sink into my gigantic pores
  • Doesn't oxidize
  • Semi-matte finish, dewy after 4 hours
  • Doesn't break me out, in fact, it helps me through my acne breakout period without 
  • Good oil control, it does oily on my T-zone after 6 hours 
  • Decent lasting power, I can use this in the morning and it still on my face on 4 - 5 pm
  • Doesn't clog my pores
  • Doesn't accentuate dry patches 
  • Has SPF 20

Cons:
  • I wish it comes with a pump
  • The sponge is useless for me 
  • The glass container - though it's very cute - is quite bulky, heavy and vulnerable to break if accidentally dropped


No comments:

Post a Comment