Tuesday, February 25, 2014

MUA Undress Mee Too Palette Review and Swatches

Hello beauties,

I've been hearing and reading reviews about MUA Undress Me Too Palette since a long time ago. Many reviews said that MUA Undress Me Too Palette is a very affordable dupe for Urban Decay Naked 2. Since I don't have Urban Decay Naked 2, then I can't do a comparison between them. But I could still do a little review and make several swatches of MUA Undress Me Too Palette.




I accidentally dropped my MUA Undress Me Too Palette before took the pictures of it, so you can see some of the eyeshadows cracked. I tried to manually repressed them with alcohol. Although it wasn't perfect, it seems worked quite well to put the broken eyeshadow together into the eyeshadow pan. The most destroyed eyeshadow is "Dreamy" on the upper right corner.



The palette comes in white plastic packaging with a clear lid, so you can see all 12 shades insides. It has a dual-ended eyeshadow sponges, but I don't have it anymore. The plastic packaging is not so sturdy and feel cheap. But considering the price, this is not a big deal. 





The palette consists of 12 shades including 3 mattes and 9 satin/shimmer. The mattes are horrible, powdery and chalky with bad pigmentation. But most of the satin colors are creamy and buttery with decent color payoff. With eyeshadow primer they could be more vibrant and long lasting but unfortunately sheer and easily fade away without eyeshadow primer.

(Upper half swatched above ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer , lower half above bare skin.)
Naked - Devotion - Shy - Fiery - Lavish - Dreamy - Tranquil - Exposed - Reveal - Wink - Obsessed - Corrupt

Naked: matte cream, chalky and badly pigmented, hard to make it visible on swatch.
Devotion: satin light rose-gold color. 
Shy: satin pearl color with a touch of pink undertone.
Fiery: satin rose-gold color. A bit darker than Devotion.
Lavish: matte taupey grayish brown color. Reminds me of NYX Blush in Taupe. Very sheer color. I use this for contouring my nose. 
Dreamy: satin coppery brown. 

First Row:
Naked - Devotion - Shy - Fiery - Lavish - Dreamy

Tranquil: satin light golden brown. Lighter than Dreamy.
Exposed: satin grey color. 
Reveal: satin pearl color with light grey undertone.
Obsessed: satin medium brown color. 
Wink: satin dark brown color. Powdery and bad pigmentation.
Corrupt: matte black. The worst of all. Powdery, dry, chalky, bad pigmentation.

Seecond Row:
Tranquil - Exposed - Reveal - Wink - Obsessed - Corrupt

Some swatches with various different lighting.

Window lighting

Indoor bright lighting

Indoor dim lighting 

Many reviews compare MUA Undress Me Too Palette with Urban Decay Naked 2. Most of them said that on the pan both of them have similar shades but not on the swatches. I do have Urban Decay Naked Palette and adores its soft, creamy and buttery texture with amazing color payoff and long lasting wear even without any eyeshadow primers! I think MUA Undress Me Too Palette is not as good as Urban Decay's but still worth to buy as an affordable alternative for those who's eyeing on Urban Decay Naked 2 but don't want to splurge on it.  

By the way...
On several hurry days, I grabbed this palette not only for subtle eye make up purpose but also for face contouring and highlighting purpose. I use Lavish to contour my nose and cheekbone, and Shy to highlighting my browbone, inner corner of the eye, nose bridge, C-area, and cupid's bow. Sometimes I even use Corrupt to fill my brows.

Hope my review is useful for you!
- XOXO - 





No comments:

Post a Comment